Important: There are no retroactive rebates. Your project must be approved before you remove your lawn.
Single-Phase 100% Rebate:
- Customers receive 100% of their rebate at the end of the allotted 120-day project period.
- Customers have 120 days to complete their water-efficient lawn conversion project from the date when the "Notice to Proceed" is issued.
Refer to Terms & Conditions on the application (see below).
Please check this website for updates prior to submitting your application.
If you meet the program requirements, a rebate credit from Zone 7 will be issued to your water bill in the name of the customer of record for the account. Contact your water utility for rebate status.
- View informational brochure about the rebate program.
- Get, print, fill out and submit the rebate application – either by mail or by email to email@example.com.
- California native, low-water, and drought-tolerant plants listed on the Water Use Classification of Landscape Species (WUCOLS) list are also approved under this rebate program. Check out our searchable WUCOLS database tool.
- Looking for inspiration? Check out our Low Water Use Public Gardens Virtual Tour for ideas.
Please mail your completed lawn conversion rebate application to your water retailer or Zone 7 Water Agency: 100 North Canyons Parkway, Livermore, CA 94551. For more information, call 925-454-5065.
The maximum rebate for single-family property is up to 50 percent of the costs, up to $750. The maximum for a non-residential property or multi-family property is up to 50 percent of the costs, up to $4,500.
For example: To receive the maximum rebate, single-family customers need to replace 1,000 square feet of front yard turf and provide $1,500 in receipts (excluding non-permeable hardscapes). Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more information.